Rachel In England

Postings by Miss Peters on her Progress across the Pond

Thursday, August 31, 2006

Birmingham Beginnings

Well, it's been two-and-a-half days here, and so far so good. No major troubles, just small ones. Like my first morning here I woke up early to find my way to my training session on time. Nooooo I didn't get lost, for all of you who think you know me so well. I actually arrived an hour late because my alarm clock lost 2 hours overnight somehow. Awesome. As well, I apparently do not know how to use electric showers. I asked a guy who is staying in the same building if his shower was as cold as mine. He responded by asking in a mumbled kiwi accent, 'did you pull the cord then?'. Of course I should have known you need to turn the dial, AND pull the cord to have a normal shower. In anycase, things are great. I'm getting used to the city and feel comfortable with the city centre (downtown). The other teachers here are great. Mostly Aussie's and Canadians. So there is much to talk about. It looks like it'll be a week or so before I actually get some work, as the school year will begin slow for day to day teachers. So until then, I'll explore a bit, hopefully travel a little (Oxford and Stratford are on the agenda), and try not to spend all of my money. I also hope to find a church in the area, although I have not seen any yet. SOoooo, that's it for now. For all of you who need .visuals, the pics will come, as soon as I have time to take some. The days have been quite busy. Thanks for all of the thoughts and prayers.

Rachel

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Rachie

Good to hear from you! I hope your alarm clock gets used to Birmingham and decides to work for you. It's good to hear that you're settling in well. How's the house hunt? I'm looking forward to the pics. Praying for you and hope all continues to go well!

6:31 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Rach - thanks for emailing me your blog address...as someone craving an adventure, i am more than happy to live vicariously through yours for the time being!! I'll be praying for you that all the details will be worked out soon. Keep us posted!

1:38 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Rach! I have some friends that were living in England... they might know of some good churches around your area. I'll ask around for you! Hope your having the time of your life!!

10:49 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home