Rachel In England

Postings by Miss Peters on her Progress across the Pond

Saturday, January 06, 2007

Back in Brummieland

For those of you reading this, most of you have seen me in the past two weeks. Just thought I'd update for those who didn't, or for those who want my take on my holidays. And this gives the chance for some of you to make a guest appearance on my blog. Now you'll be famous.

I am glad to be back here, to continue getting used to life in England and getting to know people better. But indeed, there is nothing quite like the comfort, security and encouragement of people at home. So thank you. In my eyes, here's what the break was like.

I was fortunate enough to stay with Mike and Mandy Ferguson (from City Church) for the 24th and 25th of December. They had Mandy's family there, along with their two kids, Kayla and Jason. It was a great day and it felt like Christmas.



The rest of the 25th went something like this:

2:15pm - check flight online - no problems
3:15 - leave for airport
3:50 - arrive to see my flight delayed till 11:00 (perfect)
4:30 - informed that flight won't be leaving till the 26th (awesome)
4:32 - call home fighting the tears
6:00 - recieve voucher for dinner/eat dinner
8:00 - go to hotel with now friends from Air India flight 187
8-10 - shower and watch Simpsons (a very merry christmas indeed!)
10-3 - sleep (or try) having nightmares about missing my flight
3:00am - wake up call/get back on bus/get on airplane/arrive home in time for boxing day celebrations (thanks for waiting everybody!)

So from the 26th to Jan 3rd i was home. I had the chance to fit in tons of seeing people....

The family...

with that helmet, you'll fo' sho' make it to the pros Darren

Yes, the antlers came home for Christmas

The immediate fam...
Good to see the brother although he will be in the UK soon (assuming you book your flight!)




The other side of the family...




The girls
It wouldn't be true holidays without a little chocolate fondue!


Sarah's wedding


The boys


The whole gang on New Years


Kale I hope you noticed you made 2 cameos in this blog (nice hat by the way)

It was a real blessing to connect with old friends, who I won't see for months now, and to spend a morning (short as it seemed) at church. Will miss you guys (you know who you are). And Happy New Year to those of you who I couldn't see (Brian and Erin, I miss you soooo much!)

A (wo)man travels the world over in search of what he needs, and returns home to find it. - George Moore

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The best part is, in the pictures you can tell I'm trying to make them blog material (mostly cause no one else is even looking at the camera in the second one! Love it.

And I'll have anyone who reads this know that my hat is from England - the latest European fashion!

Nothing ventured, nothing gained - right Rachelle?

2:07 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Rach - Here I am, commenting that I am indeed reading your blog - but only because you pressured me... to comment, that is:) It was nice bumping into you the other day. Glad to hear you're enjoying England and that you got back safe and sound! Take care!

10:47 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was great to have our "little" girl home for 8 days, and a little hard to "let" her go back to the UK to use her talents, see the world, have fun, gain experience, grow in various ways and be His daughter as well as ours. Have a great few months until we see you there! And keep the photos and observations coming.

6:02 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow...I look crabby.

It was great seeing you again and I'm glad you enjoyed your Holiday at home.

6:13 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It looks like you had a really great time at home. I'm really jealous that I missed out on girls night. I did get some chocolate fondu action in Burundi though which was a great treat!

Hope you settle back into the Birmingham life ok. Miss you!

4:02 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rach,

So great to have had you back. I'll be missing you too. Can you send me some of those New Year's photos?
Cheers!

6:47 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home