Rachel In England

Postings by Miss Peters on her Progress across the Pond

Sunday, February 04, 2007

A Convenient Truth?

Sooo...this weekend was full of adventures. I met polkaroo. I also realized that people outside of Ontario will have no clue what I'm talking about seeing as Polkaroo is a TV personality only seen on TVO. In any case, my good friend Brian Garden (have a great trip in S. America!) has this friend named Amos, who he talks about constantly (like, constantly). I have now renamed Amos polkaroo because of the fact that until yesterday, he was only a name in stories and tales, rather than an actually existing person that I had met. Polkaroo has recently moved to England so we thought we should probably meet seeing as we are both good friends of Brian. A friend of a Garden is a friend of mine right? Cool. So Amos and I had a fantastic day in London. Below are pics we took during the day, ya know, random shots...the proof that we met the muffin man, the proof of the show we saw, ya know....



Oh ya, the last train from London to Birmingham for those who care is at 9:50. When did we arrive at the station? 9:53. Umm...now what. It turned out there was a train going to where Amos lives, so we just crashed there and I came back this morning. Not what I had expected, but not as stressful as I thought it might be.


I also thought I should post on the happening of today as well. Yep, below is us playing Uno as usual on a Sunday afternoon, but wait...is that the sun? yes. yes it is. On Feb 4, in Birmingham. We took advantage of this rare occurance to hang out in the rays, watch the dogs run around, and eat some sweets. Much different than many of you are experience in Canadia (I mean Canada...the Brits are wearing off on me). I'm buying into this global warning thing. I really think that it's for real. and i've been thinking about it alot. On a day like today, in a country experiencing the warmest winter in 90 years, it's hard to ignore the 'cold' hard facts. But a beautiful day despite/inspite/because of these facts.

A great afternoon followed by prayer/praise church meeting which was as great. I'm knackered now, so off to bed I shall go. Last week before the long awaited half term where I will be heading to Dublin for a few days. Oh..and I still really miss everyone. I hear bits and pieces here and there about what everyone's up too...and wish that sometimes I could be a part...

6 Comments:

Blogger Brian and Erin said...

Hey Scrachie.

Great to hear that your having tons of fun. We're missing you here and think about you tons.

It's now your last chance to meet up with us in Africa! Don't miss it!

South Africa will be a blast. Check out cinsta.com, we'll be staying at this place for 2 weeks. I think it'll be like a summer camp!

2:57 a.m.  
Blogger Brian and Erin said...

correction...it's cintsa.com

3:49 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey... can I have a definition of "knackered" please?!? It was awesome to see the pics! I'm glad you're doing well. We have to talk sooon!!! miss ya!

3:04 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, is that SNOW I see on the news? Sounds like quite the contrast from Sunday. Maybe you won't miss our -14 quite so much.

6:37 a.m.  
Blogger Brian and Erin said...

Ok, so we're hogging the comments on this post, but....

We're just about to depart for South Africa and I'm getting a bit sentimental as I think that we're nearing the end of our trip. We're thinking about home so much more now and that means that we're thinking about friends too. I just wanted to say that I miss you tons. I love seeing pictures of you over in Europe. It's just cool to see that you look the same....that you're still the same Rachel! I can't wait to catch up!

9:48 a.m.  
Blogger Paul and Yolanda Koole said...

So, I (Paul) see that you did finally meet your polkaroo. Well, did he or someone else inform you of the fact that he is my cousin? Man. Small world. I have to say though, that with all of us Canadians leaving Canada, how many are left?

Say hi to Amos for me.

12:47 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home